WHAT IS LOCUM TENENS STAFFING?
The term locum tenens is Latin for “holding one’s place”. A locum tenens staffing and recruiting agency, such as Barton Associates, assigns physicians to short and long term positions at hospitals, medical practices, and companies across the United States. At Barton Associates, we’re able to place locum physicians on assignments ranging from just a few shifts to up to a year or more in a wide variety of medical specialties.
ABOUT THE LOCUM TENENS INDUSTRY
There is a critical shortage of physicians in the United States—and this shortage is growing at an alarming rate. In many markets and areas of practice, the supply of doctors is not sufficient to meet the needs of healthcare practices. As a result, these organizations are increasingly turning to Barton Associates to solve their physician staffing challenges, ensure patient access and continuity of care, and generate revenue.
With the ever increasing demand for healthcare services and the flexibility and benefits of practicing medicine as a locum tenens physician, more and more physicians are making a career as locum physicians.
WHY DO DOCTORS CHOOSE LOCUM TENENS JOBS?
Doctors take advantage of locum tenens positions for a wide variety of reasons, including:
- Freedom. Locum tenens doctors have the ability to choose when and where they want to work, throughout the country.
- Independence. Escape the office politics, bureaucratic headaches, and skyrocketing medical malpractice costs associated with a traditional medical career.
- Compensation. Locum tenens physicians receive highly competitive pay based on practice area and location and, typically, travel related costs (such as airfare, lodging, and ground transportation) are covered.
- Experience. Gain valuable experience, maintain and improve skills, expose yourself to new technologies and techniques, and enhance your CV by taking advantage of locum jobs in a variety of practice settings and locations.
- Malpractice Insurance provided. Barton Associates provides ‘A’ rated malpractice insurance for all of its locum doctors while on assignment.
Put our locum tenens physician recruiters to work for you today. It’s fast, easy, and free.