Cindy O. is a board certified nurse practitioner, locum tenens provider and our very first Barton Ambassador! With the help of her recruiter Adam C., Cindy has completed locum assignments throughout the east coast.
Earlier this year, Cindy has left her home state of Florida to take an assignment in New York, where she has been sharing her journey with us. The following blog post is written by Cindy, who wanted to post some more fun facts on her time in NYC.
- The reason that people are in a hurry on the highway is because they spent the one hour they had to run to the store standing in line—actually, they probably spent two hours standing in line.
- The sound of geese poop hitting the concrete in the shopping center parking lot on ice sounds like a machine gun going off. Always carry an extra hat for any scattered geese shrapnel.
- My theory on why these geese are just now flying south?? They are high from the fumes and just realized they are late!
- Marshall’s in St. Augustine is a Disney experience… Marshall’s in NYC is near-death experience.
- Playing the song “Feel It Still” makes driving more like a game… cutting in and out without spinning on the ice and making it to the other side feels like you won when you put the car in park.
- Turkeys are everywhere. There are more turkey and deer on Staten Island than in any game reserve! Apparently a truck full of live turkeys rolled, releasing them at which point they multiplied. These turkeys stand at red-lights and wait for the light to change literally. They have been city-fied!
- There is a section of the city where everyone wears the same hat. Thousands of people with the same hat.
- You need to leave 15 minutes early on snow days to scrape the snow off of your windshield.
No matter what your surroundings, the sunsets are always beautiful.
- If you’re going to travel do it NOW!! You won’t be sorry!