- Medical and/or osteopathic education and year of graduation
- Graduate medical education, residency training, specialty/subspecialty, sponsoring institution, and training dates
- State license(s) issued and issue date(s), expiration date(s), status (Active, Lapsed, Expired, etc.) and type of license (temporary, limited, or unlimited)
- National Board of Medical Examiners (NBME) certification year
- American Board of Medical Specialties certification(s) and subcertification(s), effective date(s), and expiration date(s)
Barton Associates’ Licensing Department is here to help you in obtaining a copy of your AMA profile for any state license application that you may be trying to complete. Here are step-by-step instructions if you decide to handle this on your own:
- Go to the AMA Profile Service Page and provide your last and first name along with your date of birth to find your profile (If the system cannot find you, you must call the AMA at (800)-665-2882).
- Once the system locates your profile, click “Login”, read the agreement, and click “Accept”.
- Choose the state medical board you wish to receive your profile. Click the “Go” button and then click “Checkout”.
- Choose “First Class Mail” and then click the “Continue” button to enter your payment information. When you have entered all the necessary information, click “Submit”.
- Print out the confirmation page, which will include a reference number in case you must re-order the profile.
The AMA profile is free for AMA members. Those who are not AMA members will be charged a $37 processing fee. If the state medical board does not receive your AMA profile, simply contact the AMA customer service line and ask them to send it again at no extra charge. The process to request your AMA physician profile can seem daunting, especially if you are limited on time. Let Barton Associates’ Licensing Department help you with obtaining the state license for your next locum tenens assignment – no matter where in U.S. it is!