Do you like word games? Most of us think of ways to keep our brain agile whilst we wait for test results to return or that maddening hourglass to keep turning as we await the EMR catch up.
How long do you think it would take you to come up with an alphabet full of adjectives to describe the best characteristics of your medical career as locums physicians? Let’s find out!
Able, Affable, Available
Belief, Bodacious, Barton
- Believe in your abilities to be the best doctor in the best place for your patient at the best time
- Before walking into a room, check your brain, belly and bladder – make sure you’re squared away before you attempt to determine what the patient needs
Compassionate, Cautious, Conscientious
- Let your patients know you really care
Direct, Decisive, Dependable
- Devoted doctors are desirable
Educated, Encouraging, Ethical
Friendly, First-rate, Focused
Goal-oriented, Gracious, Guiding
Hard-working, Honest, Humble
Independent, Instinctive, Inquisitive
- While we’re naturally judgmental, keeping the patient’s best interest at heart, it’s not about us being right as much as being in the right place for the patient.
- Knowing what’s best for the patient may seem old-fashioned and paternalistic, yet that’s what we’re trained for. Always keep the patient’s interest first and foremost, and communicate with them to make informed decisions.
Loyal, Likable, Logical
Modest, Masterful, Motivational
Neighborly, Noble, Nurturing
Optimistic, Observant, Outstanding
Polite, Practical, Punctual
Qualified, Quick-witted, Quotable
Rational, Reliable, Resourceful
Scholarly, Self-confident, Self-disciplined
Thoughtful, Tactful, Trustworthy
Unassuming, Unwavering, Unique
Versatile, Vigilant, Visionary
Warm-hearted, Willing, Worthwhile
while it’s important to know how to access and read X-rays, the most important must be your ongoing commitment to eXcellence
Young at heart, Yowza
Zany, zealous, zesty
Think of more? I hope you’ll communicate with me. Finding ways for us to bond keeps us all healthier.