Here are some tips and tricks for some of your most common queries that will help you next time you rent a car!
Barton’s rental vendors include Avis, Enterprise, and Hertz. We encourage providers to rent with our primary vendor, Avis, which includes free enrollment into Avis Preferred. This offers great benefits, such as free upgrades and short wait times when picking up your car
Have you ever picked up a car that was too large or small? Check out the car class descriptions below so next time you know what car size you are getting!
Midsize and Intermediate
- Room to seat five passengers.
- Examples: Chevrolet Cruze and Toyota Corolla.
- Four doors. Room to seat five passengers, plus two large bags and one small bag.
- Examples: Subaru Legacy and Nissan Altima.
- Room to seat five passengers, plus two large bags and one small bag.
- Example: Ford Focus.
- Two or four doors. Room to seat five passengers, plus two large bags and one small bag.
- Examples: Chevrolet Spark and Ford Fiesta.
- Room to seat five passengers, plus two large bags and two small bags.
- Examples: Ford Fusion and Chevrolet Malibu.
- Room to seat five passengers, plus two large suitcases and two small suitcases.
- Examples: Ford Escape and Toyota RAV4.
- Room to seat five passengers, plus three large suitcases and two small suitcases.
- Examples: Ford Edge and Chevrolet Equinox.
Full Size/Large SUV
- Room to seat eight passengers, plus two large suitcases and two small suitcases.
- Example: Chevrolet Tahoe.
Rental Extensions and Changes
A rental of 60 days or more is considered a mini lease. At the time of pickup, the renter will sign a rental agreement, which details the terms and conditions, who may drive the car, the process of returning of the car, rental rates, prohibited use of the car, and other important information.
Any rental of up to 60 days is considered a daily/weekly/monthly rental. You can extend a daily/weekly/monthly rental up to 60 days. If you need to extend a rental past 60 days, the vehicle must be returned before day 60, and you will then need to pick up a new car and sign a new rental agreement.
Changing Your Drop-Off or Return Location
Corporate rates and unlimited mileage only apply to rentals of vehicles returned to the same location where rented. If you need to change the return location for a vehicle you already picked up, the daily rate increases and is subject to a drop-off fee. Most small, independently owned Avis locations do not permit one-way rentals because they operate with a small fleet inventory.
Insurance Barton Provides
Insurance coverage is included only for business-related activities.
Loss Damage Waiver
Under Barton Associates’ corporate agreement with Avis, we provide Loss Damage Waiver (LDW). This means the renter will not be responsible for any loss or damage to the vehicle, whether it’s because of theft, collision, or vandalism. LDW does not cover loss or damage to GPS units or accessories.
Renters will be provided primary coverage, which covers bodily injury to persons and damage to property arising from the maintenance, condition, and use of the Avis vehicle.
The renter will be provided protection for bodily injury or death up to a limit of $100,000 for each person and $300,000 for each accident, as well as property damage up to a limit of $25,000.
What to Do If You Experience Damage or an Accident While in an Avis Vehicle
When the car has been damaged or involved in an accident, always complete an Avis Accident/Incident Report and notify Barton as soon as possible.
Contact Avis Roadside Assist at (800) 354-2847.